We had a brilliant trip yesterday to St Albans. The children have learnt all about the Romans and now have a better awareness of Verulamium and what life was like. They coped well considering how hot it was and asked lots of questions during our tour.
The home learning for this week is:
Spellings- Please learn the spellings for your group and put these words into a sentence. Please review the words that the children have already learnt as we do revisit these in our spelling checks each week.
Maths- Complete the capacity sheet. think about the different capacities that can be added together to make a total. Get practical! If you have measuring jugs use these if you are finding it challenging.
PSHE – I would like the children to think about their year in Kestrel class. What has gone well for them and what do they want to improve in the future? Fill in the sheet in your best handwriting!
- A HUGE thank you to the adults that supported on our trip. I hope you enjoyed the day and didn’t get too hot.
- Well done to the children for their fantastic running on our sponsored fun run! If you have any other forms/ money please bring in to school.
- It is incredibly hot- children need to have their sunhat and water bottles in school every day. They can put sun cream on themselves.
- Please hand home learning in on Tuesday. If you are finding the home learning challenging please speak to Mrs Adoum or myself so that we can go through it with the children.
- Today is Y6 Enterprise. Come along from 2:30pm to take part in the different activities.
- Any old crockery or bric a brac please bring in for the summer fete.
- School Fete is taking place on Sunday 25th June! Come along from 12-3pm.
Enjoy the heat, stay safe in the sun!