The home learning for this week is:
Spellings- Please learn the spellings and put these words into a sentence. We are starting with our dictations so if you would like to practice reading and a sentence and writing this down please do!
Maths– Complete the division sheet. Continue to practice halving numbers as this will really help when we begin fractions next week.
English- This morning we were visited by the author E.R. Reilly who talked to us about his books and set us a writing challenge. Please go on his website and complete one of the writing challenges from the tab ‘worksheets’ This is his website: http://www.er-reilly.co.uk/
WOW– As you know, we are taking part in WOW (Walk Once a Week) which allows the children to earn badges. Every year there is a competition for the children to design their own badge that may be used for the charity. The theme this year for the badge is ‘Walk the Americas.’ Next week we will be designing our badges and so I would like the children to gather research/ ideas/ pictures to support their designs. Some ideas may be: animals, landmarks, landscapes or culture such as brown bears, Empire State Building, Maple Syrup, Tango Dancing.
PE- It it Fitter February at Fitter Futures! Please keep doing the workouts regularly. There is an inter-school competition to see which school can record the most hours so let’s see if we can win!
- A letter was sent home today regarding buying some books from our visiting author. If you would like a signed copy of the book then please return your slip tomorrow! If you don’t want a signed copy but still want to buy the discounted book then please return the form by the date given.
- Please return permission slips for our Celtic Harmony Trip and Sports Hall Athletics. We still need an additional adult helper to walk down to the Grammar school so if you are available please let me know ASAP.
- All children must have their own personal water bottle in school.
- A grammar workshop for parents will run next Tuesday.
- Wear red for Home Start will be taking place next week on Friday.
Have a great week!