We have had a busy 1st full week back. Miss Bird has been teaching our Maths this week and we have been learning all about coasts in lots of Geography lessons!
The home learning for this week is:
Spellings- Please learn the spellings for your group and put these words into a sentence. Please review the words that the children have already learnt as we do revisit these in our spelling checks each week.
English(consolidation): In English we have been learning how to be reading detectives which includes looking closely at pictures for details. Can you spot the 10 differences in the pictures from one of our favourite pages in our class book Ottoline and the Yellow Cat?
Maths(consolidation): Complete the column subtraction sheet. Choose the challenge that you think will support your learning! If you fancy a challenge, can you prove that your answers are correct on the back of the sheet? What methods could you use?
Geography– We have been learning all about coasts, what a coastline looks like, why it looks that way and have identified different coastal features caused by erosion. Talk about your own personal experiences of the coast. Do you have any pictures at the seaside? What can you see in them? Do you know anyone affected by coastal erosion?
- Clubs have started this week.
- There is no school on Monday due to the bank holiday.
- Please make sure the children have a water bottle in school every day. This is especially important with the weather getting hotter.
- Year 3 football on Monday at lunchtime.
- Kestrel Class can take part in Multi Sports at lunch on a Tuesday. Enjoy learning some new sports and games!
- Wednesday is our garden time.
Have a good week!