Posted on June 19th, 2017 by Kestrel Class
Tomorrow is our class trip to St Albans. It is going to be incredibly hot so here are some reminders of things to bring:
- A back pack to carry things- there is no storage for personal belongings so the children will need to carry their lunches or any other items around during the day.
- At least 2 large drinks– the forecast is very hot tomorrow so they children will need plenty to drink. I would even suggest a frozen bottle of water that will keep cool.
- Packed lunch– those children who are having school packed lunch will collect in the morning. Please make sure they bring a bag to put their lunch in.
- Sun hat
- Comfortable walking shoes– we are doing a walking tour so we will be on our feet most of the day.
- Please wear your PE top and your choice on your bottom.
- Sun cream– I hope to go to the park in the afternoon so the children may wish to apply sun cream.
- The children DO NOT need to bring any money as we will not be visiting the gift shop.
It will be an interesting and exciting trip which I hope the children enjoy!
Posted on June 18th, 2017 by Swift Class
Posted on June 16th, 2017 by Kestrel Class
for his clear instruction giving and team work during problem solving week.
Posted on June 15th, 2017 by Kestrel Class
Tomorrow is non-school uniform day.
You can wear sports clothes and we are allowing football shirt
s to be worn.
Please bring in sweets, chocolates and bottles!
Remember it is also the sponsored run at 2:30 pm.
Don’t forget your sponsorship form and your running shoes!
Posted on June 14th, 2017 by Kestrel Class
This week is problem solving week. We have been really busy doing investigations and solving problems across the curriculum! On Monday we also took part in a workshop by The Happy Puzzle Company.
The home learning for this week is:
Spellings- Please learn the spellings for your group and put these words into a sentence. Please review the words that the children have already learnt as we do revisit these in our spelling checks each week.
English– Read the prefixes and suffixes with their meaning. Try and think of at least 5 different words using these spelling rules.
Maths- Have a play of Mathematical Hangman! Play with a partner and complete the sums following the rules.
Science- Complete a ‘Sound Map.’ Walk around your house, garden, local area and draw a picture of the sounds that you can hear. Around the picture write some description of the sound. Is it loud or soft? High or low pitch?
- The children all need to have a sun hat and water bottle in school every day.
- Please hand home learning in on Tuesday. If you are finding the home learning challenging please speak to Mrs Adoum or myself so that we can go through it with the children.
- Our class trip to St Albans is on Tuesday. More info to come! Keep fingers crossed for good weather!
- Thank you to all of you that volunteered your time to come help on the trip. I have sent out letters in response.
- Sponsered run on Friday.
- Non-uniform day also on Friday! Please bring in chocolates, sweets or bottles for the Summer Fete.
Have a good week!
Posted on June 14th, 2017 by Eagle Class
Thank you to those who attended the Maths Workshop on Tuesday evening.
Attached is a copy of the PowerPoint from the evening.
Posted on June 14th, 2017 by Woodpecker Class
Posted on June 10th, 2017 by Eagle Class
This coming week is Maths Problem Solving Week.
All the children will be completing activities in their class rooms. Reception up to Year 4 will also be taking part in a Problem Solving Workshop run by The Happy Puzzle Company.
After school, in the hall from 3.15pm, on Monday only, you will have the opportunity to purchase games and puzzles for as little as 75p.
Please see the web link below for a voucher to use when making your purchase on Monday, you can print it off yourself, to claim the Happy Puzzle Voucher, or alternatively collect one on arrival at the school hall on Monday.
There is a Problem Solving workshop of Parents only on Tuesday at 6.30pm, please complete the return slip on the letter sent out previously to indicate your interest so that we are able to cater for the numbers.
Posted on June 9th, 2017 by Kestrel Class
for being kind and respecting others’ differences.
for working hard on improving his handwriting.